For the jowl
- 1 piece Pork jowl (1 piece of 800 g)
- 80 g Ssamjang, Korean Soybean Dipping Paste
- 40 g Olive oil (0.4% acidity)
- 4 g Salt flakes
- 1 Clean the pork jowl, brush with olive oil, and add a pinch of salt. Put it in a sous-vide plastic bag and seal 100% vacuumed.
- 2 Cook on low heat (in a Roner machine) at 75ºC for approximately 4 hours (the total time depends on the size of the meat).
- 3 Once the pork is well cooked, remove it from the Roner and let cool until the meat reaches 2-4ºC.
- 4 Cut the pork into twelve portions of 2x3 cm and marinate with a mixture of 40 g olive oil and 80 g Seasoned Soybean Paste(Ssamjang), allowing the pork to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
For the potato cream
- 1ea Potato
- 100 g Cream
- 15 g Yondu, Light
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 In a saucepan with boiling water, cook the peeled and diced potato.
- 2 Once cooked, remove the potato from the water and blend it with milk until it becomes a smooth and uniform cream.
- 3 Add Yondu, Light(Jang Sauce) and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for serving.
- 1 In a frying pan with a dash of olive oil, sauté the pieces of pork jowl marinated in SamJang until they become golden, crispy and juicy. Serve the pork jowl with three teaspoons of hot potato cream.