For the quiche
- 500 g Shortcrust pastry
- 6 ea Whole eggs
- 4 ea Egg yolks
- 4 g Salt
- 1 g White pepper
- 0.2 g Nutmeg
- 180 g Smoked bacon
- 500 ml Milk
- 500 ml Cream
- 15 g Ssamjang, Korean Soybean Dipping Paste
- 1 Cut and roll the pâte brisée into thin rounds ( 8-cm in diameter), use the rounds to cover the base of mini-quiche molds.
- 2 Bake the pastry crust for about 20 minutes at 170ºC, until it is fully cooked and begins to brown.
- 3 In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the yolks, milk, and cream until the mixture is smooth, then add SamJang and mix well.
- 4 Add a hint of salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 5 Cut the bacon into a 1/2-cm dices and add to the egg and Seasoned Soybean Paste(Ssamjang) mixture.
- 1 Fill the baked pastry crusts with the mixture of egg, milk, and bacon.
- 2 Bake at 180ºC for 15-20 minutes until the mixture sets and begins to brown. Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool down before serving.