Tteokbokki, Korean Spicy Rice Cakes
- 300g Korean rice cakes 'tteok'
- 100g Fish cakes, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 Leek, sliced
- 1/4 Onion, sliced
- 300ml Water
- 2 Tbsp Yondu Vegetable Umami, Organic
- 3 Tbsp Gochujang, Korean Chili Paste, Gluten-Free
- Spring onion, chopped (optional)
- Sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- 1 In a pot, combine all the ingredients and bring to boil over high heat.
- 2 Once it is boiling, turn heat to medium and let it simmer for about 10 mins.
- 3 Serve topped with some sliced scallion and sesame seeds as garnish.
TIP You can replace the fish cakes with shiitake mushrooms for a vegan option.